Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Congratulations and thank you for choosing to apply for the Austern International’s Career Immersive Program. We are committed to providing you the best support as you prepare for the experience of a lifetime, which is why we have prepared the following terms and conditions to protect your interests and ensure all parties understand their responsibilities.
- Being in sufficient good health to undertake the program.
- Acting in an appropriate and respectful manner towards the local people, fellow travellers, program participants, and staff in accordance with the customs, laws, regulations, and ordinances of the destination country
- Communicating effectively your interests, skills, limitations, and needs to host university representatives, program providers, on-site directors and/or community members and program staff members.
- Violation of the Alcohol and Drug Use Policy (See below)
- Criminal behaviour or violation of local laws, including theft or vandalism
- Violation of rules or conditions in participants accommodation
- Violation of rules in effect at the host university/institution or program
- Repeated intoxication
- Abusive language or behaviour toward Austern International staff, representatives, university faculty/staff, host family, program providers or other Austern International program participants
- Sexual harassment
- Disorderly, indecent, or obscene conduct
- Violent behaviour
- Damage to Austern International facilities, accommodation, partner company spaces, hotels, or transportation vehicles
- Falsification of documents or personal records submitted to Austern International as part of the application or acceptance process.
- Any inappropriate conduct including but not limited to violation of any Austern International policies.
- Compensation: A participant may be required to pay for damages or theft.
- Loss of privileges: A participant may be denied permission to participate in Austern International activities, excursions, etc. permanently or for a designated time period. No refund will be given for missed activities.
- Accommodation termination: Austern International has the authority to remove any participant from his/her accommodation and/or the program in the case of inappropriate behaviour. If this occurs, the student must then find his/her own alternate accommodation at his/her own expense. No refunds for accommodation payments will be given.
- Dismissal: A participant may be permanently expelled from the Austern International program. The dismissed participant will not receive a refund of any kind.
- Termination of participation does not diminish or otherwise affect the participant’s obligation to make any and all payments to Austern International.